A face mask won’t totally block the coronavirus. But it’s an added layer of protection for you and infected people around you when you use it along with regular hand washing and social distancing measures like staying 6 feet away from others.
A mask protects you against coronavirus.
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
how to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus?
- You only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19 still you are healthy.
- You are coughing or sneezing then wears a mask.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- You must know how to use it and dispose of it properly after the use of a mask.
Type of mask
- N95 masks: This type of mask fits tightly around your face. They filter out 95% smallest particles in the air.
- Surgical masks: This type mask is often blue with white borders. They fit loosely across your nose and mouth. These masks shield against the large droplets that come from a sick person’s cough or sneeze, but they’re too loose to protect against all germs. They can’t block the tiniest particles.
- General Mask: This type of mask is generally dust protect the mask. Mostly non-health care persons use it. A cloth face mask won’t totally block the coronavirus.
- Triple Layer Mask: This type of mask is mostly safety coronaviruses and other viruses available in the air. That type of mask filter to 2-3 micron in air and infected person.
- Disposable Mask: This type of mask is generally used and throws it but it is used in a proper way because another person does not contact us.